What Millennials Know that Baby Boomers Don't? June 26, 2016

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Angels ARE Among Us!

Me, In La Jolla, CA at the pier!

Hi! and Welcome back to the Global Community Park! 
HAPPY HANUKKAH TO ALL WHO CELEBRATE THIS                                   WONDERFUL HOLIDAY!

pic at the right in black n white
US Bank Christmas Tree
FOR GOOD SAMARITAN STORY, READ ON:
I went into downtown San Diego and walked through Little Italy, looking around and take pictures of some of the Christmas trees and decorations that beautified the city this holiday season. Here are some pictures for you. You'd be surprised at how much fun it is just walking around and seeking out cool decorations around the city. 
Like these here:

S.D. County Offices Tree
The tree at 401 W A street


GOOD SAMARITAN STORY, BELOW:

Nutcrackers on the street corners!
I just had to chime in here and share an experience I had while visiting San Diego, CA.  I rode the trolley while in San Diego and stopped in Little Italy to walk around a bit.  On the way back, on trolley there was a fight between 2 gang members. I must say that I ride the trolley a lot while in San Diego and this doesn't happen often, I usually feel very safe. 
But this time, it did. 

The fight started on the platform and when the trolley arrived at their stop, they jumped onto the trolley and continued the fight. Just then, one of the passengers shouted for the two men to stop the fighting. One of the men had taken out a switchblade and cut the other behind his neck. The passenger, who was riding with his 2 year old daughter and his wife, physically pulled the men apart and told them to either get off the trolley or separate and stop fighting.  

They decided to ride. While they were on the trolley the "angel" stood in between them. He told them to get home and deal with their problems later. Then the guys started shouting back and forth at each other cussing and swearing at each other.  The "angel" told them again to shut up because there were kids on the trolley and they didn't need to hear the bad language. Can you believe it? They stopped!

The "angel" stayed between them the whole way.  I know the situation would have been a lot worse if that "angel"of a guy wasn't on the trolley. I can't believe he put himself in harm's way to de-escalate that situation. 

When we all got safely to our destinations at the final stop, I thanked the man for what he did. These are stories that you won't hear on the nightly news report.  I COULD mention the nationalities of the "angel" and the riders on the trolley but, does it really matter? The fact that anyone would stop a fight like that was amazing. It reminded me that there are "angels among us", God watches over us all. and I thank Him for having that man on the trolley at this time. He probably saved a lot of people from getting hurt. By the way, I thanked him for what he did. I told him without his intervening, the situation could have gotten a lot worse.

I don't know who he is and I probably won't see him again but, how wonderful it is to know that there are people like him in the world.

Wanted to share my experience and then say, San Diego's a beautiful city and.......

ADIOS TIL MY NEXT POST!






No comments:

Post a Comment