What Millennials Know that Baby Boomers Don't? June 26, 2016

Friday, November 27, 2015

I'M PISSED OFF! NOBODY ENJOYS BEING CHEATED! NOT EVEN ME!


Hi! and Welcome back to the Global Community Park!

Well, things aren't great in paradise right now but, I'm making the best of my situation. I rented the house that I'm staying in with a $200 USD utility fee hike. The original agreement was that after my first 6 months (which were over this month), I'd be able to take over my utility bills (which are no more than $100 USD every 2 months, but I paid $200 per month for the service) and lower my rent by $200 per month. 

I agreed to pay the extra because he was driving around and paying my bills along with his own. It was a fair trade, I thought.  But when I was ready to take my overage back and pay my bills myself, he didn't want to give it back to me. 


I found out that I can pay the bills where I shop for groceries. My landlord could have told me this but instead, he used the opportunity to get more money out of me. 

I really want to save for a car to help me get around better down here and I wanted the extra money for the holiday gifts and to get a Christmas tree. Now, I'll have to look elsewhere in my budget for the funds to do what I need to do for my family.  

One of the reasons I'm here (besides it being a beautiful place to be) is to save money and I don't like to be duped this way.  So I decided that I'm staying here through the holidays, then I'm looking for another house to rent. 

I also found out (after doing more research) that I'm overpaying for rent by about $400 USD.  I've found beautiful houses with swimming pools plus an additional bedroom and an additional bathroom for almost half of what I'm paying here. This week, I contacted a real estate agent and she's starting to look around for me. 

I've also found expat communities that will let me pay their HOA fees on top of my rent, and have use of all the facilities (pool, tennis courts etc., which I'm not getting here) for an additional $60 USD. Let's just say, I've been seriously cheated here and it doesn't feel good.

I can't say this hasn't been a good experience for me but, I've learned through this experience, how not to be taken. I'm also learning how things (bill pay) works here and how to pay them for myself. I feel duped and very stupid but, since I don't have a car, I depended on my landlord to help me out because he said that he would. 

He used me and he took advantage of my family and that makes me mad. When I make my final post before I leave here (which should be in January), I'll give his name so anyone coming down here can avoid dealings with this man as he is not honest and by his own admission, he is an "opportunist".  He has no honor and no loyalties and would take advantage of anyone that gave him the chance. 

As for life in paradise, it's still great because I still have hope, a good outlook, and I'm figuring things out myself.
I'm anxious to get where I know things are the way they should be. I don't mind paying extra when I have to or when it makes things easier for me but, I don't like anyone cheating me or my family.

As for my Thanksgiving, it was good, peaceful, and filled with loved ones. We had a great day but, I'll share it on another post. The holidays have officially begun.


My Holiday Color Scheme This Year
MY NEXT POST WILL BE VERY SOON AND I'LL SHARE THANKSGIVING IN MEXICO PICTURES WITH YOU! TIL THEN, ADIOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment