What Millennials Know that Baby Boomers Don't? June 26, 2016

Sunday, November 29, 2015

THIEVES IN PARADISE?

Our humble abode!

Hello and Welcome Back to the Global Community Park!

When I started this blog, I mentioned that the name came from my memories of taking my children to the community parks located in neighborhoods in the United States. My first visit into this Global Community Park can carry similar consequences.  Just as the parks in the states are not always trustworthy as far as thieves are concerned (you leave your belongings and they COULD be stolen), neither is it safe here, in paradise.

We have an outbreak of break ins here in the Community Park. Our November newsletter reads like this.

Alleys are very quiet
 "There were two reported break-ins this past month.  One occurred while a resident was in the home and her car was stolen along with a computer and some personal items.  The thief is believed to have known his way around {our complex} and knew the movements of the local residents and planned his escape.  Apparently, he drove the car down our beach ramp (which makes a case for having the beach ramp closed after dark) and made it to {the neighboring complex} where tire tracks disappeared.

The second incident involved a young couple who broke into a home looking for a place to rest.  They were detained by the security team until the police arrested them.

A neighbor also reported a strange man walking on Roca street.  When the security team approached him, he took off running and was detained and removed from the community."

I mentioned that, for the past 6 months, I've felt like I could leave the door unlocked here. Well, that secure feeling is gone. I also noticed activity going on here the night of Thanksgiving. I swore I saw a person on a rooftop with a flashlight. Now I think it was one of the break ins.

Does that mean there is no such thing as "paradise"?  Is there really a paradise lost? As I type this, I'm looking for a new community to live in starting January. I'm looking forward to moving for all the reasons I mentioned in my previous post  http://globalcommunitypark.blogspot.mx/2015/11/im-pissed-off-nobody-enjoys-being.html   and now this newsletter has sealed the deal for me. 

This community is empty most of the year. It's full of luxury vacation homes. Right now, there are 8 large homes around my humble abode that are not being lived in. Most have 4 and 5 bedrooms. It's strange that, with so much homelessness in the world today, these beautiful homes stay empty. 
Most of the year, these homes are empty!

Well, many residents hire a cleaning and repair staffing company to prepare, repair, and clean their homes before they come down. I think some of those workers did a return visit to break into these homes. Like the newsletter stated, the break ins where done by people who were familiar with the area and they knew when the owners were not going to be home.

After experiencing my first 6 months here, I think I prefer to live in a security/doorman occupied apartment building near the beach. There are some down here that seem safer. At the very least, I'll feel safer in them. These apartments also have a phone inside the unit that calls downstairs to the guard's station and to the doorman's desk. Even if it cost a little more, if you get the peace of mind, it's worth the price.
The beach still ROCKS!

Well I'm going to end this post now. I just wanted to follow up my last post with this new info I've found out.

The moral of these posts are "DO YOUR RESEARCH" before you jump.  I got off good with my situation but some are a lot worse. I'm glad I took this chance and opened up this opportunity for myself. I've learned how to research before I move into something and to leave it when it stops working for me.

Lots more to say, little space to do it in. Next post will come soon.

Til then ADIOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment